Broken Hill Local Services
Broken Hill ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Broken Hill site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Broken Hill Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Broken Hill When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Broken Hill Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Broken Hill Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Broken Hill ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Broken Hill and a Place to Meet
The brokenhill.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Broken Hill
Broken Hill: The Silver City of New South Wales
Broken Hill is a city in the far west of New South Wales, Australia. Known as the 'Silver City', it owes its existence to the rich silver-lead-zinc ore deposits that were discovered here in the late 19th century. Here are some interesting facts about this historic city:
- Broken Hill is one of the most isolated mining towns in Australia. It is about 1,160 km from Sydney and 500 km from Adelaide.
- The city is built on the largest silver-lead-zinc deposit in the world, with a history of mining that dates back to 1883. The miners who worked in the mines were known as 'Broken Hillites'.
- The city played a significant role in the development of mining in Australia. The Broken Hill Proprietary Company (BHP), which was formed in 1885, became one of the largest mining companies in the world.
- The city has a rich cultural heritage, with a unique blend of Aboriginal, European, and mining cultures. The Aboriginal people of the region are the Barkindji people.
- The Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery is one of the oldest art galleries in regional Australia. It houses a collection of over 2,000 works by Australian artists such as Pro Hart, Jack Absalom, and Eric Minchin.
- The Silverton Tramway is a heritage railway that operated between Broken Hill and the nearby town of Silverton from 1888 to 1970. Today, the railway is a popular tourist attraction.
- Broken Hill has been the setting for several feature films, including 'The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert', 'Mad Max 2', and 'Razorback'.
- The city is also home to the Royal Flying Doctor Service Base, which provides medical services to people living in remote areas of Australia.
- Broken Hill has a semi-arid climate, with hot summers and cool winters. The annual rainfall is around 240 mm.
- The city is famous for its colourful sunsets, which are caused by the dust particles in the air reflecting the light of the setting sun.
Broken Hill is a unique city with a rich history and culture. From its mining heritage to its art galleries and natural beauty, there's something for everyone to enjoy in this rugged and isolated corner of New South Wales.